904-309-6500Call Us today for Help

Most Dangerous Intersections in St Mary’s, GA (2024)

Robert F. Spohrer

If you drive in the St. Mary’s area, it is vital to know the biggest risks you face on the road and the most dangerous areas in which you can drive. While accidents can happen anywhere at any time for a variety of reasons, there are a few locations in the St. Mary’s area that statistically report more car accidents than others.

After you or a loved one has experienced an accident due to another driver’s actions in St. Mary’s, it is vital to know your legal options for holding the at-fault driver accountable and recovering your damages. Knowing the most dangerous intersections in the area may help limit your risk of experiencing an accident, but it is still crucial to know what to do after an accident has occurred.

Most Dangerous Intersections in St. Mary’s

Recently, the director of the Department of Public Works in St. Mary’s conducted a presentation concerning the County’s Strategic Highway Safety Plan and identified key areas of concern when it comes to car accidents in the St. Mary’s area. Of the county’s 1,660 miles of road, the most accidents occurred on just 60 miles of roadway.

These dangerous areas include Route 235 south of Charlotte Hall and Route 5 as well as a small piece of Route 5 that extends through Leonardtown, Pegg Road, Chancellor’s Run Road, and Great Mills Road. Accidents are also commonly reported on Route 5 off of Merchant’s Lane. One stretch of Route 235 from Naval Air Station Patuxent River to Route 4 is one of the most heavily traveled roads in the county.

What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Mary’s

If you experience any type of car accident in the St. Mary’s area and believe another driver’s actions are to blame, the first steps you take immediately following the accident can have a profound impact on your recovery efforts. You will need to prove fault for the accident, identifying the driver responsible for the crash and proving exactly how they caused it.

Once you have proven liability for your accident, you can proceed with claiming compensation for your damages. This will begin with a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, and an attorney can help resolve any disputes their insurance company may raise against your claim. After you obtain a settlement, any outstanding damages that you cannot recover through insurance may be claimed with a personal injury suit.

A successful personal injury claim can yield compensation for any economic damages that auto insurance cannot cover, such as your medical bills, lost income, and vehicle repair costs. Additionally, you also have the right to claim compensation for projected future losses, such as your lost earning potential if your accident caused a permanent disability. State law also allows a personal injury plaintiff to recover compensation for their pain and suffering.

You have a limited time in which to pursue recovery from your damages, and it is crucial that you speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible if you want to maximize your recovery. Spohrer Dodd can provide the comprehensive and compassionate legal counsel you need in this challenging situation, and the sooner you reach out to our firm, the sooner we can start building your case.


Q: What Are the Most Common Causes of Accidents?

A: According to the latest vehicle accident data from various sources, accidents happen throughout the St. Mary’s area for many reasons. Distracted driving, speeding, and driving under the influence (DUI) rank among the top-reported causes of vehicle accidents in the state, and it is vital to consult an attorney if you believe another driver is directly responsible for causing your recent accident in St. Mary’s.

Q: What Is a Car Accident Claim Worth in St. Mary’s?

A: Under Georgia’s fault rule for vehicle accidents, the driver at fault for causing an accident is liable for all resulting damages. This means you can seek compensation for your vehicle repair costs, medical expenses, and lost income. The at-fault driver’s auto insurance may cover some of these damages, but any remainder will need to be claimed in a personal injury suit. This civil claim would also allow you to seek compensation for your pain and suffering.

Q: What Should I Do if a Family Member Dies in a Car Accident?

A: If you have recently lost a family member in a fatal car accident, you may have grounds to file a wrongful death suit against whoever caused the accident. This type of civil claim takes the place of the personal injury claim that the victim could have filed if they had survived. You will need an experienced attorney’s assistance to succeed with a wrongful death suit in St. Mary’s.

Q: Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident in St. Mary’s?

A: It’s a good idea to consult with legal counsel after any car accident in St. Mary’s. Your recovery could require an auto insurance claim and a personal injury suit, and success with both of these recovery efforts will require proving fault for your damages. You may also be entitled to claim more compensation than you may have initially expected, so hiring an attorney improves both your chances of winning your case and maximizing your recovery.

Q: How Much Will It Cost to Hire a St. Mary’s Car Accident Attorney?

A: If you intend to hire an attorney to help you recover from your recent accident, it is natural to wonder what your legal representation may cost. Most attorneys accept personal injury cases on contingency, which means the attorney only takes a fee from the client if and when they win the client’s case. If the attorney is unable to secure compensation for the client, the client pays nothing.

The attorneys at Spohrer Dodd have years of professional experience helping car accident victims recover in St. Mary’s and surrounding communities. If you have questions about your recovery options after another driver has harmed you, or if you are unsure how to proceed with claiming compensation for your losses, we can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a car accident attorney you can trust.