- Medical Negligence
- Unsafe Products
- Automobile and Aircraft accidents
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Aviation Law
Galen Bauer focuses his practice on medical negligence, aircraft accidents, unsafe products and premises, and automobile accidents.
Bauer graduated from Marquette Catholic High School in Indiana, then earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Indiana University (2000) and Juris Doctorate with honors from Florida Coastal School of Law (2005). He is currently pursuing a Master's Degree in Legal Studies from the extension school at Harvard University.
Martindale Hubbell rates Bauer's legal ability and ethical standards as AV Preeminent, which is the highest possible rating. Bauer has been named a Rising Star by SuperLawyers Magazine multiple years. He was named one of 40 under 40 by National Trial Lawyers, Top 10 attorneys under 40 by Attorney at Law Magazine, and one of Jacksonville's 40 under 40 to watch by the Jacksonville Business Journal.
Bauer is one of only 45 lawyers to be Board Certified in Aviation Law. He served as Chairman of The Florida Bar's Aviation Law Certification Committee from 2020-21. He served that committee for six years until term limits forced him to step down.
Bauer is admitted to practice in all Florida courts, including all state courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. His professional affiliations include the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, the Jacksonville Justice Association, and the Jacksonville Bar Association. He is also an alumni member of the Chester Bedell Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- J.D., Juris Doctorate - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Indiana University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2000
- Major: Education
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Jacksonville Justice Association
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Florida Coastal School of Law
- Florida Bar’s Aviation Law Certification Committee
- Chester Bedell Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Alumni Member