Military Product Liability Lawyers In Jacksonville
Nationally Recognized Firm Serving Florida And The U.S.
Injuries caused by defectively designed, manufactured or marketed products can make for significant setbacks in the lives of victims and their loved ones, as well as challenging legal endeavors defended against aggressively by powerful corporations. While product liability cases can be difficult matters in and of themselves, those involving military equipment and injuries to servicemembers on active duty or reserve create even greater complexities and unique issues that demand the insight of proven lawyers.
At Spohrer Dodd, our legal team is uniquely poised to handle cases as difficult as those involving defective military products. Based in Jacksonville, we proudly represent clients in state and federal courts throughout Florida, the nation, and abroad – including civilians, contractors and servicemembers from all branches of the armed forces injured by military products and equipment.
Why Choose Spohrer Dodd?
- Led by one of the top 100 trial lawyers in the country (Robert Sophrer)
- Over one billion in compensation recovered for clients
- Board Certified Civil Trial and Aviation Law specialists (Florida Bar)
- Over 150 years of combined legal experience
- Attorneys with military, law enforcement and aviation backgrounds
Defective Military Products And Personal Injury
Victims injured by defective products, and families who lose loved ones in fatal accidents involving defective products, have the right to pursue justice and compensation for their damages by taking legal action. In addition to our thriving product liability practice for consumer products, Spohrer Dodd also handles a range of cases involving defective and unsafe military products, including matters involving:
- Injuries sustained by servicemembers on active duty or reserve
- Wrongful death and fatal incidents involving defective military products
- Military aviation accidents and defective aviation products
- Military vehicle accidents and defective auto parts
- Injuries caused by military equipment and machinery
- Defective weapons and firearms
- Defective products which cause exposure to harmful or toxic substances
Military Product Liability: Unique And Challenging Issues
While product liability claims focus on holding manufacturers, distributors and others liable for victims’ damages, these cases can be complex. Those complexities can increase substantially when products and equipment failures involve the military. That’s due to numerous unique and challenging issues in many major areas of these claims, including:
- Unique rules and procedures for discovery and investigation
- Securement and testing of defective equipment
- Department of Defense standards (MIL-STD or MIL-SPEC)
- Multiple potential defendants (i.e. civilian corporations, contractors, government entities, etc.)
- Military / JAG investigations and collateral board reports
- FOIA, military discovery, and Touhy requests
- Special defenses used by defendants (i.e. Feres doctrine)
- Investigations which require specialized resources and assistance from experts
In a perfect world, entities in the civilian or military realm are held liable for preventable damages sustained by those who use their products. Unfortunately, the power of varied corporate and government defendants, numerous laws and procedural rules, and uniquely complicated issues created by accidents connected to the military make these cases a beast of their own.
As a victim or a victim’s family member, positioning yourself in the best possible manner demands the support of proven lawyers with experience in this field. At Spohrer Dodd, our attorneys leverage insight as leading trial lawyers, civil trial and aviation law specialists, former military and law enforcement, licensed pilots, experienced military medical malpractice attorneys, and compassionate advocates to deliver the support and high-quality representation these claims require.
Call 888-577-8705 To Request A FREE Case Review
If you or someone you love has suffered harm in connection to military planes, vehicles, products, or equipment, you can be confident about placing your trust in Spohrer Dodd. Comprised of nationally recognized and top-tier trial attorneys, our firm has become known for our experience and results – and is prepared to guide you through these difficult times.
To speak personally with an attorney about your potential case, rights and options, please contact us to schedule your free consultation.