Obstetric Negligence Lawyer In Jacksonville
Speak With Our Experienced Attorneys In A Free Consultation
Obstetrics is the branch of medicine that deals with childbirth, including the care of pregnant women before, during, and after labor and delivery. This is one of the most rewarding medical specialties, but it is also challenging and is not without certain risks. All health care professionals in obstetrics have an obligation to provide standard care. They must take reasonable precautions to ensure mother and baby are properly cared for, including the proper diagnosis and treatment of pregnancy-related medical conditions, standard care during labor and delivery, and appropriate post-delivery care. If complications arise, they must address these quickly and appropriately.
Any deviations from standard, reasonable care may be considered obstetric negligence and may provide grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit against the at-fault provider or facility. At Spohrer Dodd Trial Attorneys, we handle a complete range of obstetric negligence cases for clients in Florida and across the country. We have witnessed the tragedy that can result from carelessness or malpractice in obstetrics and are prepared to demand justice for injured children, mothers and their families.
Types Of Obstetric Negligence
Obstetrical malpractice may take on various forms and may occur during pregnancy, during labor and delivery, or after childbirth. Some examples include:
- Failure to diagnose maternal diabetes, preeclampsia or other serious medical conditions
- Improper treatment of maternal diabetes or preeclampsia
- Failure to recommend C-section in high-risk delivery
- Delayed C-section
- Errors or mistakes in performing a C-section
- Mismanagement of childbirth complications, such as shoulder dystocia
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum extractor in instrument-assisted delivery
- Failure to properly monitor the mother and baby during prolonged labor
- Failure to recognize signs of fetal distress
- Improper treatment of severe jaundice, leading to kernicterus
- Medication and anesthesia errors
Get Started Today With A Free Consultation
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your case, if you suspect obstetrical malpractice or any type of wrongdoing, your best option is to discuss the matter with an experienced attorney. Our Jacksonville obstetric negligence attorneys can look over medical records and talk to you about what occurred to determine whether malpractice may have been involved. You can count on our honest and accurate assessment of your case.