Spohrer Dodd have represented victims of personal injury or wrongful death in plane crashes and other airport accidents for three decades. Our success in handling aircraft accident cases comes from our in-depth understanding of the aviation laws that regulate private, military and commercial air travel. We are proud that our work over the years has resulted in fair settlements for our clients and contributed to aviation safety.
$22.9 Million Verdict Upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court
The hard work of our aviation lawyers over the years has contributed to the safety of air travel by exposing and removing hazards and unsafe practices. Our success has also resulted in multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients. One example of that is the Rhodes, et al. v. United Technologies, Inc. case that involved the crash of a Sikorsky Blackhawk helicopter on landing at Wiesbaden Army Airfield in Germany. The firm’s aircraft accident investigation disclosed an unrecognized design defect that led to a $22.9 million-dollar jury verdict on behalf of injured and deceased Army personnel and their families. This verdict was upheld on appeal by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Additional verdicts & settlements* are listed below:
- $9,000,000.00 – Pilot error during landing
- $8,000,000.00 – Foreign plane crash involving military personnel
- $4,100,000.00 – Federal Tort Claim Act involving air traffic control negligence
- $1,250,000.00 – Airplane crash due to defective component part
- $925,000.00 – Helicopter crash – pilot error
- $1,470,000.00 – Helicopter crash
- $650,000.00 – Helicopter crash – engine failure
- $22,930,000.00 – Helicopter crash – defect in Blackhawk fuel transfer system
- $9,480,000.00 – Federal Tort Claim Act involving air traffic control negligence
- $3,150,000.00 – Military transport airplane crash due to defective component part
- $4,500,000.00 – Federal Tort Claim Act involving mid-air collision
- $1,645,000.00 – Crash of single engine airplane due to pilot error
- $1,500,000.00 – Negligent assembly of components resulting in engine failure and forced landing
- $800,000.00 – Aircraft component failure in Saudi Arabia
*The aircraft accident case verdicts and settlements above are unique to that case and are not indicative of the results of any other case.
If you were injured or a loved one killed, in an aircraft or airport accident, contact Spohrer & Dodd to speak directly with an experienced aviation lawyer about your case.