According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approximately 1.3 million Americans suffer injury as a result of medication errors every year. Ambiguity in product names, poor communication, carelessness, and lack of knowledge or training may all contribute to prescription errors. These can cause serious side effects and can claim patients’ lives.
Spohrer Dodd is currently investigating cases for patients who have suffered harm as a result of:
- Dosage errors (too much or too little of a medication provided)
- Failure to inform/educate a patient on a medication and its side effects
- Wrong medication prescribed or administered
- Administering a medication when the patient has a known allergy
- Harmful drug interactions
- Improper monitoring of a patient after medication is prescribed/administered
- Failure to properly diagnose a patient prior to prescribing medication
Contact a Jacksonville prescription error attorney at (904) 637-7721 for a free review of your case.
Helping Patients Across Florida & Nationwide
As experienced trial attorneys with more than 150 years in practice collectively, we at Spohrer Dodd are in a position to help those who have suffered harm due to medication errors. This is a serious problem in the U.S., but it can be addressed through the civil justice system.
If you have suffered from serious side effects or have lost a loved one as a result of a prescription error, you may be entitled to financial compensation for medical care, future treatment, lost earnings, pain and suffering, funeral costs, and more. Our Jacksonville medication error lawyers can help you hold the at-fault pharmacist, doctor, nurse, pharmacy, or other individual or business responsible for their negligence. We can help combat future errors to prevent others from suffering similar harm, and we can help you face a more stable future.
For more information and your complimentary consultation, call (904) 637-7721 or contact us online.