When patients seek medical care and do not receive the treatment they need, serious injuries may occur. Patients may lose their lives if they are not treated in a proper and timely manner. At Spohrer Dodd, we are dedicated to advocating for patients and families across Florida and the entire U.S. who have suffered the consequences of a healthcare professional’s failure to treat.
As experienced Jacksonville medical malpractice lawyers, we know how these situations occur and understand how to expose negligence and wrongdoing to help patients recover complete, fair compensation.
How Does a Failure to Treat Occur?
There are different circumstances that may constitute a failure to treat. These may include:
- Failure to listen to and understand a patient’s symptoms/complaints
- Failure to thoroughly review a patient’s medical history and chart
- Wrongful discharge of a patient in need of medical care
- Failure to admit a patient in need of emergency care
- Emergency room triage errors
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist for appropriate treatment
- Nursing malpractice – failure to carry out a doctor’s orders
- Outright failure to treat a patient in need of medical care
- Delayed treatment of an illness or injury
Proving Treatment Errors in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Failure to treat may boil down to miscommunication, carelessness, or even intentional wrongdoing.
In any such scenario, we will need to prove the following:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed;
- The doctor or other healthcare professional violated the accepted standard of care; and
- You suffered harm as a result of this violation.
Our Jacksonville medical malpractice attorneys are highly experienced with cases involving failures to treat medical conditions of all kinds, including maternal diabetes, preeclampsia, stroke, lung cancer, breast cancer, heart attack, and more.
These are complicated and technical cases, but we have the resources to meticulously investigate and prepare compelling cases for our clients that prove malpractice and the harm it has caused. We get to know your case better than anyone else so we can pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call our offices at (904) 637-7721 for a free case evaluation.