Traffic accidents are the leading cause of personal injury in the United States. Distracted drivers, speeding, alcohol, and unsafe road conditions are among the most common causes of reported accidents.
Frequently, the most challenging aspect of a motor vehicle accident claim is identifying insurance coverage that is sufficient to fully compensate you for damages. You need an experienced attorney with the skill and resources to address this and other challenges.
Turn to Spohrer Dodd for Experienced Representation
The Jacksonville car accident attorneys at Spohrer Dodd have more than 150 years of collective experience in successfully handling serious injury and wrongful death claims arising out of automobile accidents.
Our staff and experts, including an in-house doctor, bring a wealth of experience to each car accident case we represent.
Find out how our Jacksonville car accident lawyers can help you by calling (904) 637-7721. Your consultation is free!
What Compensation Is Available for Auto Accident Claims in Florida?
Depending on the specific case, financial compensation may be available for different types of injuries or losses caused by a car accident. Our Jacksonville car accident lawyers can carefully analyze every aspect of your physical, emotional, and financial injuries to determine and then fight for a fair settlement or award.
Compensation may be available for the following types of losses/injuries:
- Medical expenses, including future care
- Physical therapy and other ongoing treatment
- Medical supplies, medication, and travel expenses to and from medical appointments
- Damage to your vehicle or other personal property
- Lost earnings, including loss of future wages or benefits
- Emotional trauma, such as pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral or burial costs, for wrongful deaths caused by car accidents
Our goal is to pursue complete compensation in order to grant you the best opportunity of rebuilding your life.
Determining the True Cause of Your accident
As experienced trial lawyers, we understand that your car accident case may go beyond a negligent driver and their insurance company. What may appear to be an open-shut case may involve multiple negligent parties.
Our Jacksonville auto accident lawyers will put all our resources to work in order to uncover the cause of your crash and pursue maximum compensation from all liable parties, including:
- Product liability on the part of vehicle manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and other suppliers.
- A government agency that designed an unsafe road or failed to maintain the integrity of a roadway.
- Accidents that involve multiple vehicles and multiple insurance policies.
- Accidents that involve Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare app.
- Drunk drivers and the establishment that overserved them.
Accidents Where Both Drivers Share Fault
It is not uncommon for the other driver and their insurance company to claim that you share fault for the accident. They may use evidence that you were speeding or something you said at the scene to shift blame away from themselves. Thankfully, Florida's pure comparative fault law still allows the injured party to recover compensation if they contributed to the accident.
Under comparative fault, a jury will determine how much fault each driver shares for the accident. If you are the plaintiff, that amount will be deducted from your initial award. For example, if a jury awarded you $100,000 in damages, but found you to share 20% fault for the crash, you would receive a final award of $80,000.
Settlements with the insurance company follow similar rules, depending on what is likely to occur if the case proceeded to trial.
Don't Wait to Get Help - Call (904) 637-7721 Now!
To discuss your right to compensation with a Jacksonville car accident attorney, call (904) 637-7721 or contact us online. Consultations are free!