5 Reasons Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Over 88,000 people are injured in motorcycle accidents every year. Though the law requires insurance companies to honor their policies when it comes to these kinds of crashes, it is difficult for many of these people to get the money they need to cover their costs.
Insurance companies will always try to pay as little as they can, that’s why it’s so important to work with a motorcycle accident lawyer from the beginning.
Keep reading to learn more about how motorcycle lawyers can help you and when you need one.
What Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do?
You should always hire a motorcycle accident lawyer after a motorcycle crash. But why? What do they do that you can’t do? Well, first of all, they have relevant experience you don’t have. They understand the laws and processes and will be able to tell you what strategies will be in your best interest.
And here’s a few of the ways they do that:
Assessing Facts:A lawyer can look at all the facts and find out if you have a strong case or not. This is important because what you may think is a strong case may not be a case at all. And sometimes you may not realize you have a strong case on your own. They’ll take a look at what happened during the accident, do a preliminary investigation, and take care of all the documentation. To gather all the relevant information, they might even interview you and others involved in the accident (including witnesses).
After they get all the initial information, an attorney goes through every other piece of your case. This is something that you might not know how to do on your own, and it can suck up a lot of your time.
Why? Because this part of the investigation involves going to the site of the accident, holding more interviews, and talking with experts. Between your normal schedule and your recovering, many people aren’t able to do this.
An accidental lawyer makes sure these things get done and that they do them well.
Filing the right paperwork can be confusing and overwhelming. But you should file all this right after you’ve finished the investigations. A motorcycle accident lawyer can handle all the paperwork for you and make sure they meet any requirements or deadlines for the case.
If you don’t want to go through a court battle (or if it’s not in your best interest), a lawyer can negotiate with other people for you. This includes reaching out to the negligent party and making sure they set up an agreement.
Your lawyer can get a fair settlement for you without having to deal with the expenses and long waits sometimes involved with the court process.
When Should I Get a Motorcycle Lawyer?
You don’t always need to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer. If the crash was minor and you didn’t obtain any injuries or serious damages, you could probably handle the next steps yourself. When the damage is low enough, your insurance company probably won’t fight you, so it’ll be easy to get the money you need to cover the expenses.
But trying to do this on your own, especially if personal injury is involved, can be a long, complicated, exhausting process for more serious accidents. In most cases, you’ll want to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer. They’ll be able to help navigate you through the process, which means you can focus on recovering.
Five Reasons You Need a Motorcycle Lawyer
Hiring an accident lawyer makes your job easier and gives you better results. Instead of stressing over deadlines, you can relax and recover knowing the work is going to get done.
Here are five reasons you should always hire a motorcycle accident attorney:
- They Know the Law: You don’t have the knowledge and experience a motorcycle accident lawyer has. They understand how to work with the law, making them better suited to handle your case.
- They Give you Time to Heal: It’s hard to recover from your injuries when you’re trying to juggle all the pieces of your case in your hands. When you hire a lawyer, they do the work for you. This gives you a chance to rest, recover and not worry about the little details of your case.
- They Can Get You a Bigger Settlement: Hiring a lawyer makes your case stronger because they have experience with the law, giving you a better chance of getting a bigger settlement. This can pay for things like lost wages, medical bills and any decrease in income due to your injuries.
- They Communicate with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies is not something you look forward to after an accident. In fact, for many people, trying to get the money you deserve is worse than the accident itself. An accident lawyer will handle the insurance companies for you so you don’t have to think about it.
- They Do the Work for You:Your lawyer will find out who’s responsible for the accident, gather important evidence to back up your case, point out the liable party and prepare everything you need to go to trial. This takes the worry, stress and responsibility off your shoulders. You end up with a better settlement, and you don’t have to struggle through the process on your own.
You Should Always Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In most situations, hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer is a better choice. They can advise you about what course of action is in your best interest and do a lot of the difficult work for you. But what about the money?
Don’t worry about spending a bunch of money on a lawyer and not getting the results you want. Many lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they get paid out of your settlement. In other words, you don’t pay unless your lawyer wins your case.
Are you looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer you can trust? Contact us at (904) 637-7721.