Attorney Roger Dodd is a board-certified civil trial specialist and was also board-certified criminal trial specialist for over 20 years. Roger has represented clients in legal matters since 1976. He has been a lecturer, expert witness and teacher in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Russia, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and various Caribbean locations. Listed among the nation’s most elite lawyers in The Best Lawyers in America, Roger Dodd co-authored the bestseller Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques and co-wrote Cross-Examination for Depositions, which was published in 2017. Dodd has also been included in Best Lawyers in America every year since 1991. He is included in Martindale-Hubbell’s Preeminent Lawyers; and entered in Who’s Who in the World and Who’s Who in America.
Dodd has also been a frequent guest and commentator on television programs, including “Court TV,” “Good Morning America” and “Geraldo at Large.” He is one of a select group of attorneys to be included on the Super Lawyers list in multiple states. Dodd is also heavily involved in charitable activities — including Kidski and The Boys and Girls Club of Valdosta — and is on the Caregivers Network Leadership Council.
Dodd was born outside of Pittsburgh. He graduated from Pennsylvania’s Bucknell University with a degree in Economics and completed law school at the University of Pittsburgh. After earning his law degree, he joined a firm in Valdosta, Georgia, where he took a burglary case to trial in his first month in practice. In addition to winning a wide variety of civil and criminal cases, he has a long history of pro-bono cases, especially as an advocate for children.
- Pennsylvania’s Bucknell University
- University of Pittsburgh
- Past Chairman of the Board of the Georgia Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Former Member of the State Bar of Georgia Disciplinary Board
- National Board of Directors of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Preeminent Lawyers
- The Florida Bar
- The State Bar of Georgia
- The Utah State Bar
- The Boys and Girls Club of Valdosta
- Caregivers Network Leadership Council
- Past President of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Former Board Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Justice Association
- Fellow of the Georgia Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Diplomat of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- Eagle Member
- The International Society of Barristers
$22.9 Million Verdict Upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court
$1 Million Awarded in Premises Liability Case - Workplace Shooting
Firm Reaches $1.2M Settlement With Negligent Apartment Complex
The dangers associated with lead paint exposure still exist today. Roger Dodd discusses the dangers of lead chips and dust from lead paint.