Malpractice and medical negligence is a major area of focus and success at Spohrer & Dodd. Our experienced team of personal injury lawyers, in-house consulting physician and nurse empower our approach to the evaluation of negligence claims and representation of the victims of medical negligence.
The majority of claims against health care providers in Florida which are settled are done so confidentially, a requirement typically demanded by Florida hospitals and physicians. This significantly limits the ability of attorneys to publish the details of the cases resolved through settlement. Our experienced malpractice attorneys successfully resolve numerous cases each year prior to trial, with significant settlements for our clients who have been injured due to the negligence of health care providers.
Health care providers against whom cases have been successfully resolved, either by settlement or trial, include the following: hospitals and their nursing staff, surgeons, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, internal medicine physicians, otolaryngologists, radiologists, primary care physicians, ophthalmologists, emergency room physicians, obstetricians and gynecologists, critical care specialists, orthopedists, pediatricians, pulmonologists, neurologists and neurosurgeons, and others.
Some of the successful verdicts and settlements* obtained against health care providers for our clients include:
- $7,165,000.00 – Negligent medical procedure
- $6,145,036.99 – Obstetrical malpractice – birth injury
- $4,992,450.00 – Doctor/hospital negligence caused paralysis
- $3,200,000.00 – Failure to provide anti-seizure medication
- $2,000,000.00 – Improper medical procedure
- $975,000.00 – Failure to treat medical emergency
- $825,000.00 – Failure to diagnose stomach cancer
- $725,000.00 – Failure to diagnose hydrocephalus
- $700,000.00 – Failure to treat medical emergency
- $700,000.00 – Failure to diagnose
- $612,500.00 – Misdiagnosis of medical condition after automobile accident
- $500,000.00 – Failure to diagnose cancer
*The results listed above for malpractice and medical negligence cases are unique to those claims and are not indicative of the results of any other personal injury or wrongful death case.
Our knowledge of medical procedures, healthcare operations and the complex laws governing malpractice, provide clients with competent and effective representation. Contact our office today to speak directly with a medical malpractice attorney about the specifics of your personal injury or wrongful death claim related to medical care and treatment.